Monday, March 09, 2015

Well, She Is Really Good ...

Was never a fan of Lady Gaga as I thought she was gimmicky. But her duets with some old foggies on some American songbook list piqued my interest, still I was not converted. Seriously, the highlight of the Oscars, I nearly spewed my drink when she came out to sing, the white dress, long tresses,all very classic ... was waiting for something weird to happen ... but she was just amazing, salute!!! 

Julie Andrews took the stage and formally gave Gaga's performance her stamp of approval. "Dear Lady Gaga," said Andrews, in what might be the most surprisingly endearing line of the night, "thank you for that wonderful tribute. It really warmed my heart, it really did."


Yes Lady Gaga is seriously talented, and I recently caught her piano playing prowess too, amazing. The standing ovation at the end was warm, heartfelt and an acknowledgement of a great talent.





3 comments:

Benjamin Cheong said...

To return the favour, Dame Julie Andrews will sing Poker Face at the next Grammy's. In a meat suit.

ronnie said...

I hope her ladyship will have concerts in the region. And still 28!

iWhisper said...

Lady Gaga is a very intelligent person from the start. Do go look up her bio before she became famous. Maybe she had even purposely created the Lady Gaga to appeal to the pop culture, but in the process had offended a culture snob like u, Mr Dali. Oh well, like all counters, it takes much labour to find out its true intrinsic value.